Handbags for Hope
Scott Mission is teaming up with Handbags for Hope to support our local community this Christmas by providing much-needed personal care items to our neighbours. Join us this holiday season and make a difference!
Who is Handbags for Hope?
Handbags for Hope is a local initiative created to address the needs of marginalized individuals in the Toronto and Hamilton area, by providing essential personal care items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, and underwear. The project is run entirely by volunteers who are dedicated to serving these communities. All funds raised are donated to the Scott Mission to support this cause.
Who receives the handbags?
People in need, both women and men, are being provided with a new or gently-used handbag filled with personal care items. These bags are not only meant for immediate use but can also be used and refilled as per their changing needs.
Through our partnership with the Scott Mission in Toronto and the Hamilton & International Missions Community (HIMC), a non-profit organization serving marginalized individuals in Hamilton – we are sharing love, kindness, and support by addressing the practical needs of those who need a helping hand.
How can I participate?
YOU can fill a new or gently used handbag with the following items.
Items for Handbags:
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Purse Sized Tissues
- Shampoo/Disposable Cleansing Cloths
- $10 Tim Hortons gift card
Drop off locations:
- Karin Bennett Designs, 3018 New Street, Suite #201, Burlington, ON 9am to 4pm
- Evolution Fitness Co., 3018 New Street, Main Level, Burlington, On 7am to 8pm
- Scott Mission 502 Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON M5S 2H1 Monday – Friday 9AM-3PM
- Scott Mission 1550 O’Connor Dr, East York, ON M4B 2V3 location Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9AM-12:30PM
Can I make a cash donation?
Yes, with your cash donation, we will purchase the items we need to fill handbags on your behalf.