Gift In Kind Donations
Everyday we see people coming to The Scott Mission for help. Donations of food, clothing, and other supplies are always greatly appreciated.
If you would like to host a Food Drive, please visit scottmission.com/food drive to get the guidelines you need to host a successful food drive. Your kind efforts will benefit hundreds of our hungry neighbours across the GTA.
We always need donations of NEW or gently used clothing and footwear to help families throughout the winter months.
- Socks (NEW)
- Underwear (NEW)
- Long johns (NEW)
- Towels (NEW)
- Back packs
- Adult diapers
- Baby diapers
- Travel-sized toiletries (razors, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.)
- Pillows or blankets (NEW)
TIP: Please put your donations in clear bags. This helps our staff easily identify what is in the bag without having to open it for easy sorting. Please ring the bell and wait to hand the donation to staff.
Note: We cannot take furniture items. Donation pickup services are currently not available.
If you are gathering clothes in a Clothing drive for Scott Mission we have box label you can use to promote it. You can download it here.
Donations from businesses:
If you operate a business and you have items in bulk (large quantities only) you would like to share, please contact Ruel Quintero our Distribution Manager at email@example.com
Receipts for Gifts In Kind
We do issue tax receipts for food items that have been purchased and donated. We do not receipt gifts of used or new clothing. Below are the guidelines and steps you must complete to be eligible for a tax receipt:
- You must ask for a tax receipt when dropping off food items.
- The staff receiving the goods will verify the quantity and quality of the items donated and they will take photos of the goods received.
- Please give the staff member the receipt/receipts that support the purchase of the items.
- While you are there, the staff will complete the Gift in Kind donation form.
- If your donation does not fit into the above criteria for a tax receipt, and you believe it is eligible for a tax receipt, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before dropping off your donation.
Drop off Hours & Location
502 Spadina Avenue,
7 days a week
8:00AM - 4:00PM
1550 O’Connor Drive,
Tuesday & Friday
9:00AM - 2:30PM
5 McLachlan Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1E3,
Monday – Friday
8:30AM - 2:30PM
Thank you for coming alongside the Mission to support our neighbours across the GTA who need a helping a hand.
We appreciate your compassion and generosity!