Welcome Centre Meals and Shelter
The Welcome Centre is committed to offering dignity and hope to all who come through the doors of The Scott Mission, serving them with the love and compassion of Christ.
We help thousands in our community every year who come from various backgrounds and are homeless and needy. Through the grace of God, we are able to provide for their spiritual, emotional and physical needs. The following are some of the services provided by our team.
There is a Welcome Centre at the front doors to greet clients entering the building, provide wellness checks (including temperature checking) and a hand washing station.
- Fresh hot meals are being distributed to our clients at the laneway window on the south end of the building at 502 Spadina Ave. We serve breakfast from 8:00 am to 9:00 am and lunch from 10:30 to 11:00 am, and 11:30 am to 12:00 noon. We have also have a small number of clients (a maximum of 12) indoors in our dining room for meals for breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00 am and lunch from 10 – 10:30 am., 11 – 11:30 am with the proper distancing and Health protocols being taken.
- Bag lunches are no longer available.
- Our Men’s Shelter is now located at our temporary location at 346 Spadina Avenue. As a congruent living shelter it complies with COVID-19 public health requirements with all the proper precautions to provide the safest environment possible. Those unable to stay at The Scott Mission will be referred to the Assessment and Referral Centre (ARC).
- All group gatherings are postponed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All group gatherings have been postponed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Prayer: Offered by request. Call to schedule a time.
Outings and Recreation:
- All outings and group gatherings are postponed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Welcome Centre Meals phone number: 416-923-3916
- Shelter phone number: 647-696-1372
- You can also contact us at: email@example.com
- Men’s Intake Office: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Late opening on Tuesdays (10:30 a.m.) and Friday afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- There is a Clothing Bank available.
- Washroom/Shower/Laundry: Our staff team will be managing these services through the front doors of the building.
- Rehab referral by request. Please contact the Welcome Centre to access this service.
- Identification Clinic: assistance with clients’ ID is available through Partners for Access and Identification (PAID) Project on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Guest phone for local calls available. (Conditions apply)
- Budgeting and financial assessments: by request
- Seasonal income tax clinic: by request
- Housing application and alternative housing: Please contact the Welcome Centre for more information.
- Case Management Services
- Informal counselling
- Use of the Mission’s mailing address
- Interpretation services
- TTC tokens for verified medical appointments
- Help with forms and applications