Welcome Centre Meals and Shelter
The Welcome Centre is committed to offering dignity and hope to all who come through the doors of The Scott Mission, serving them with the love and compassion of Christ.
We help thousands in our community every year who come from various backgrounds and are homeless and needy. Through the grace of God, we are able to provide for their spiritual, emotional and physical needs. The following are some of the services provided by our team.
There is a Welcome Centre at the front doors to greet clients entering the building, provide wellness checks (including temperature checking) and a hand washing station.
- Fresh hot meals are being distributed to our clients now at our location at 346 Spadina Ave. We serve breakfast from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 pm with the proper distancing and Health protocols being taken.
- Bag lunches are no longer available.
- Our Men’s Shelter is now located at our location at 346 Spadina Avenue. As a congruent living shelter it complies with COVID-19 public health requirements with all the proper precautions to provide the safest environment possible.
- Chapel service from 9am every Thursday at 346 Spadina Ave.
- Bible Study groups are also available.
- Pastoral staff available to chat and pray. Please see the notice board area at 346 Spadina for details.
- Prayer offered by request, call 416-923-8872 to schedule a time.
Outings and Recreation:
- For our shelter residents at 346 Spadina Ave., we also have Art club, Games club, and morning devotions.
- Welcome Centre Meals phone number: 416-923-3916
- Shelter phone number: 647-696-1372
- You can also contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Intake Office: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Late opening on Tuesdays (10:30 a.m.) and Friday afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- There is a Clothing Bank available.
- Washroom/Shower/Laundry are available in the morning from 9:00 am to 11:30 Monday to Friday.
- Rehab referral by request. Please contact the Welcome Centre to access this service.
- Identification Clinic: assistance with clients’ ID is available through Partners for Access and Identification (PAID) Project on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Guest phone for local calls available. (Conditions apply)
- Budgeting and financial assessments: by request
- Seasonal income tax clinic: by request
- Case Management Services
- Informal counselling
- Use of the Mission’s mailing address
- Interpretation services
- TTC tokens for verified medical appointments
- Help with forms and applications