THANK YOU FOR HELPING US REACH OUR $1 MILLION GOAL!
Expanding Outreach to Communities Most in Need
The Hub is Scott Mission’s new facility that will help meet urgent needs now for neighbours facing hunger and homelessness, while also laying the foundation for a better future for generations to come.
With the high cost of food and housing, huge numbers of families and individuals are turning to Scott Mission for food, help, and hope . . .
But our food banks and other critical services are out of reach for many neighbours who live in the far reaches of the GTA. This is creating more hardship for everyone, from seniors to single parents who are having to juggle school, work, daycare, and more before setting aside a huge chunk of time to travel via public transportation from their community to Scott Mission to receive help putting food on the table.
Spending hours in commute to access basic necessities and food to feed their families should not be yet another obstacle our neighbours have to overcome!
This is why Scott Mission is opening a new location to serve as our centralized hub of operations. This 25,000-square-foot building will allow us to deliver meals, groceries, family services, counselling, and more directly into neighbourhoods where needs are high.
You can help fund the Hub, which will provide vital services within multiple under-resourced neighbours—including meals and groceries, clothing, family services, counselling, and more. Donate in support of the Hub now!
• The need in Toronto is expanding and Scott Mission is expanding its reach to meet these needs by building a new logistics and ministry Hub. At the new Hub we will sort, prepare, and package all food and clothes donated to Scott Mission.
• The goods and meals from the Hub will be shipped out to multiple ‘spoke’ locations across the GTA for distribution to our neighbours. These ‘spoke’ locations include churches and Scott Mission’s existing locations and are situated in some of Toronto’s highest-priority neighbourhoods.
• The use of a Hub and Spoke Model will allow us to serve more people in need and prevent guests from having to travel so far to access our services. Currently, the average travel time to a Scott Mission location is 1-2 hours each way.
- Yes, we are keeping our other Scott Mission locations as ministry and program ‘spokes’ in high-priority neighbourhoods.
• Our new Hub is located at 5 McLachlan Drive, near the airport. This location is close to several major highways that will make transportation throughout the city easier. Scott Mission currently has food/clothing bank locations in the downtown (Spadina Avenue) and the east end of the city (1550 O’Connor). We also have church partners throughout the city.
• There is a lot of need in the north-west location of the city. In addition to being a distribution centre that supplies our other locations, the Hub will serve our local Rexdale community with a food and clothing bank. And our ministry team will provide clinical counselling and case management from this site. We want to provide more places in the city where people can meet Jesus while having their practical and emotional needs met.
• The need in Toronto is growing and our capacity to meet the growing need is hampered by our current facilities. We have outgrown our current operations facilities located in the basement of 502 Spadina. The space and set-up of the new Hub will help us meet the challenges of the future.
• This new model allows us to adapt as the population of Toronto grows and changes. As the need in Toronto shifts to new locations, Scott Mission will be able to open and close spoke locations as needed to ensure we are providing the best access to services we can.