How Our Funds are Used
Image Description: Bar chart describing how funds are used. Programs and Ministries occupies 81.1 percent, Fundraising occupies 8.0 percent, administration occupies 5.4 percent, public awareness occupies 5.5 percent.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Your Budget and How is the Scott Mission Funded?
In Fiscal Year 2023 the Mission’s expenses were $41,068,688. This covers the cost for over 180 full-time and part-time staff, plus all the costs associated with providing services for tens of thousands of people in need every year. The Mission is funded through three main sources: donations from private individuals, businesses and foundations; bequest income; and investment income. Less than 10% of the Mission’s revenues come from government.
How Many People Do You Help Per Year on Average?
The answer is simple – thousands. In 2023 the Mission:
- Served 310,000 hot meals
- Provided 24,563 nights of shelter
- Gave 41,520 orders of groceries for families in need
- Helped 2600 families with extra Christmas support, including an extra grocery gift card and toys for 1900 children
- Guided 418 Children and Youth through our Summer Camp and 91 through our After-School Programs
- As well as offer life changing programs, counselling, and support to hundreds through our ministry programs
What happens when you DONATE?
⚠️ FACT: We wouldn’t be able to what we do if it weren’t for YOU. That’s just straight fact! So we thought we’d show you a little behind-the-scenes of our donation processing. We also introduce you to some of the faces behind the voices and names if you’ve ever called us to donate over the phone!