Children and youth are counting the days for an action-packed summer that includes camps, outings, and so much more.
Summer is a busy time for children and youth, as Scott Mission staff and volunteers host events and outings to enrich young lives. Here are just a few of the wholesome activities that will help Toronto’s young people grow in character and confidence, while also growing deeper in their relationship with God:
- Day camps in Lawrence Heights and at O’Connor Family Centre—exciting programs and activities for children and youth
- Foundations—a spiritual development and leadership program for youth
- Day trips—for example: to the beach, the Science Centre, Centre Island, Sky Zone, and Canada’s Wonderland
- Outings and learning opportunities for children and youth, such as biking, swimming, and learning about cooking/nutrition, finances, job skills, and leadership
- Scott Mission Camp, which gives hundreds of boys and girls the life-transforming chance to experience God’s love in the great outdoors
Virginia is as excited as her daughter for the opportunity to be part of Scott Mission Camp this summer!
“During the pandemic, she was at home every day. She needs to spend more time with other kids, so this is very important for her,” Virginia says. “And it’s good for her to stay far away from all the social media because when she comes back, she’s more friendly, more independent, and more candid.”
Like every other camp attendee and parent, Virginia is thankful for supporters who give to ensure Scott Mission Camp will be in full swing again this summer. “Thank you so much to all the people who make this possible—for my daughter and for the other kids. Thank you so much for donating.”
Please give now to help Scott Mission enrich the lives of Toronto’s young people this summer through activities that develop character and equip them to make choices that bring them closer to God. Your gift today will help keep children on the right path this summer—and for life!